Friday, July 17, 2009

You know what really chaps my asteriks?

It really bothers me when people have blogs and they don't update them..... sometimes for months. Really what is up with that?

Opps, guess I am busted! So I wish that I could report that the reason I have been tardy with writing is I have been jet-setting in my new vehicle, but alas that is not the case. In fact it would be closer to the truth to say the reason for my blog tardiness is my trusted chariot has left me stranded and I now require more time out of my day to hoof it around town, thus reducing time available keep the blog fires burning. At least Lil' Dude had the decency to get me back into town before starting his merengue-esque Cha Cha show through the streets of suburbia (the Mariachi Band featured in the picture is now on retainer). Let me tell you, there was a lot of dash rubbing and praying to the Good Lord and 50 of his closest peeps to safely manoeuvre across three lanes of busy traffic to the safe haven of The Spa, aka the Mechanic. At least my dire consequences provided Spa staff with some chuckles...... me with a grandiose entrance and graceful sweep of the arm
to place, neigh slam, the keys on the front desk, "It's official the truck hates me!!!! (Pause for dramatic effect) Here's the keys. I am walking home and when I get there I plan on drinking." (them) "What's the problem?" (me) "It started making this da, da, da, da noise, shaking profusely, the check engine light came on and it is stalling out in 1st gear." (okay, I admit, I acted out the truck movements and had sound effects.... my performance was Oscar worthy). I spun on my heel and left to the sounds of laughter bouncing off the walls and ceiling. Glad at least one person found amusement from the situation.

Flash forward 13 hours. I call The Spa to find out the prognosis...... (them) "It's running like a champ!" (me) "Did you say chump?.... What did you do to it?" (them) "Nothing. Started it up and it is purring like a kitten." (me) "Well it was shaking like a jack hammer yesterday, something is definitely wrong with it." (them) "Our suggestion is to drive it around and bring it back in if it does it again." (me) "Well I would prefer if you find out what is w
rong with it before then, as I don't want a repeat in the middle of nowhere, which is where I frequently drive to." ....... You can see where this is going can't you!!! So at my urging they provide the truck with some Rolfing, a little mani and pedi, changed some filters and low and behold he was ready for pick-up. I get in expecting the worst. Fingers crossed I start him up. Engine revved (check); forward motion (check, check) made it the 2 km's to my house without stalling or the need of a Mariachi band .... BONUS! Ten minutes later I get in it to head to the mall...... chug, chug, chug, a little Metro Station.... shake, shake, shake, shake-a-shake it and then engine light. Run back into the house call The Spa (they are now on speed dial). The solution- "Bring it in tomorrow."

Don't fret! Lil' Dude made it through his 30th surgery with flying colours. He is now convalescing and accepting get well wishes and gifts of fine 5W30 oil and power ste
ering fluid. Me- well, my fingers are getting sore from being held in the crossed position, but on the plus side I am getting really close to the Big Guy Upstairs..... we talk at least once
a day.......... sometimes three or four times.

So I hope this little nugget was worth the wait. I will endevour to be
more punctual with future blogs. I must be off, as I am going out to explore alternative forms of transportation with my new fella (pictured right).

Tune in next time,
Same Ranger time,
Same Ranger station.

No comments:

Post a Comment